Monday, 18 March 2013

Animal Crossing Meets Disney






              Well, sort of. While Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life clearly takes inspiration from Nintendo's beloved anthropomorphic life sim, Namco Bandai, in collaboration with Disney, wants to offer their unique take on the genre.
     The story goes like this: Mickey Mouse has invited you to Disneyland in hopes that you might consider becoming the owner of a small café. Upon accepting his request, you are given free reigns on what to do.
     For instance, you can decorate your shop as you see fit. You can also customise your Mii with numerous Disney items. Speaking of Disney, there are over 80 characters from the cherished comics and films just waiting for you to befriend them. Activities such as fishing and monster catching are also included.
     In order to sweeten the pot, Nintendo is offering a special Nintendo 3DS LL system bundled with the game. I am saying LL and not XL for the reason that the game has only been announced in Japan. The House of Mouse reigns supreme, so I am sure that a Western release will soon follow.
     Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life will see its first release this July on the 11th. For now, I leave you with these illustrious words :

'I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing – that it was all started by a mouse.'





Media:







And have I mentioned that Stitch from Lilo & Stitch will make an appearance? 

Where do I pre-order? 

The House of Mouse just got bigger.