Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Android Apps - Cut the Rope









                  Who has not played Cut the Rope? If you own a smartphone, chances are you have fed the little green creature a couple of times by now. If you have not, you have 10 seconds to do so. Seriously, this is one of the best games out there, and it would be a shame if you missed it.
    But what is Cut the Rope anyway, and why I am parsing it so much? Well, Cut the Rope is a physics-based puzzle game that tasks you, the player, with feeding a little green creature that goes by the name of Om Nom. To do so, you will have to cut lots and lots of ropes while making use of all the devices and objects set-up in each level. Speaking of levels, each one is self-contained making the game very easy to pick up and play. 
   The game has been downloaded 10.000.000 times by now, so I am pretty sure that  my words are being wasted right now. Frankly, I am writing this because I did not want to play the game when it was first released.
   I found that cutting one rope after another just was not very fun. It was actually the game's sequel that kindled my interest for the series. But that is a story better suited for another time... and another post