Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Android apps - Adfree


                               
                                                   AdFree Android playstore download


  When I bought my first android based phone, I was really excited by the potential it offered. Hundreds upon hundreds of apps had been been placed at my fingertips just waiting to be explored. Unfortunately, I was quickly reminded that there is nothing free in this world as ads started invading my phone with no end in sight.
 Some apps I purchased, but others simply did not warrant the asking price. A prompt solution came in the form of AdFree. This app basically blocks all incoming ads by nullifying requests to known host names in the system hosts file. It all sounds more complicated than it really is and even with the clunky 90s inspired interface, setting up the app is as easy as 1, 2, 3. The one requirement is the that you need to have you android phone rooted. For more info on how to root a phone, check this link.
 All in all, I found AdFree to be just what i needed. Sure, the user interface is something that you would find on a 486 computer and the need to root might turn some people away, but I strongly recommend that you at least give this app a try. It is free after all.